French Glazed Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (6-ounce) chicken breast per serving
- COOK TIME
- 14 Min
Our French Glazed Chicken is perfect for when you're feeling fancy, and still want an easy weeknight meal. This easy chicken recipe is filled with traditional French flavors that you can make in the comfort of your own home. That's why we love it so much! It's simple, elegant, tasty French cooking made oh so easy.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded slightly, and rinsed (See Tip)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot.
- Dip each moistened chicken breast into flour mixture, coating well on each side. Saute 5 to 6 minutes per side or until golden and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to a platter. Add chicken broth, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, butter, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to skillet, stirring constantly to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Heat sauce 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return chicken to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Serve chicken topped with sauce (See Tip).
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- After rinsing off your chicken, it's okay if they stay a little wet. This extra moisture allows the flour to coat your chicken better! To finish things off, add a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley over the whole dish to give it a gourmet finish!
- To start your day in a fancy French way, try these Shortcut Fruit "Crepes"!
- For more French dinner options, don't miss our Chicken Cordon Bleu Pinwheels, our Country French Chicken, or our Very Special Beef Bourguignon!
- Have a sweet treat under the Eiffel Tower with our perfect Creme Brulee.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!