Cowboy Chicken Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What do cowboys like to chow down on? Hearty meals that are easy to make. That's why we came up with our Cowboy Chicken Casserole. This hearty chicken casserole recipe is sure to be a hit as the cowboys in your life mosey on in from the trail. Our Cowboy Chicken Casserole will always bring them back home.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-1/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (2-1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine soup, tomatoes, corn, black olives, chili powder, cumin, and salt; mix well.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with half the tortilla strips. Sprinkle half the chicken over the tortilla strips. Top with half the soup mixture, half the scallions, and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Check This Out!
- For more amazingly good cowboy recipes, check out our yummy Cowboy Ribs, or our Cowboy Cookies!
- We've got tons of fantastic casserole recipes that we know you're going to love! Try our Classic Amish Casserole Recipes for recipes with a touch of wholesome flavor.
- Looking for more hearty recipes? How about one of our Favorite Ground Beef Casseroles? The whole family will perk up when one of these comes out of the oven.
- When you need a fast weeknight dinner, one of these Quick and Easy One Pot Meals will do the trick!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 405
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 37g 74 %
- Cholesterol 92mg 31 %
- Sodium 819mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.5g 22 %
- Sugars 4.0g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.