Creamy Tomato Chicken Spread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're always looking for new things to serve our company. Here's a great party appetizer that's a little different from the rest. This one-skillet appetizer comes out thick, hearty, and creamy in just 20 minutes. We love to serve our Creamy Tomato Chicken Spread with crostini bread, pita, or veggies.
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring, until the chicken is brown and the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, oregano, and chili powder; stir well, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cheeses; stir and cook on low until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Serve with warmed tortilla chips for dipping...Mmmm! This is a great make-ahead, just store it in the refrigerator and rewarm before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!