Easy Chicken Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When Mary S. from Ada, OK was growing up, chicken pot pie was a dinner staple since her mother made it to what Ada calls “perfection”. Watching and learning, she quickly realized just how labor intensive her mom’s version was to make. After her mom passed, Mary, decided to bring back all the fond memories, without all the work, thanks to a few refrigerated and frozen supermarket shortcuts. As a matter of fact, it was so good, she knew she needed to enter it into our Dinner-in-a-Dash Recipe Contest, sponsored by our friends at EasyHomeMeals.com. We’re glad she did as it earned her 2nd prize. It’s delicious and we bet Mom would be proud!!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 3 cups frozen oven-roasted diced chicken
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough