Chicken and Feta Braid
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When delicious and convenient ingredients are combined in one tasty dish, you've got a surefire hit on your hands. Greek-inspired Chicken and Feta Braid is sure to become a brunch, lunch or dinner favorite!
What You'll Need
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cooked chicken chunks
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced red bell pepper, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, feta cheese, red peppers, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, and nutmeg until thoroughly combined.
- Unfold each puff pastry onto a large baking sheet. Spoon half the chicken mixture lengthwise down center of each pastry sheet.
- Cut slits one inch apart lengthwise down each side of filling on both sheets of pastry. Braid dough over filling, overlapping to form "X" shapes. Spray tops with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Slice and serve.
If you like, you can dress this up by drizzling a little chicken gravy over the top.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We took a few shortcuts to make this recipe for Satisfying Shepherd's Pie, because we know that sometimes the cravings for shepherd's pie come on suddenly and you have to have it fast! Boy do we love this hearty meat, potato, and veggie casserole.