Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing shouts down-home Southern cooking more than an Extra Crispy Fried Chicken recipe! This classic crispy fried chicken recipe is sure to be a family favorite. You'll want to make it for all your family get-togethers and picnics!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine milk and egg; mix well. Add chicken, coating completely. In another large bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove chicken from milk mixture then place in flour mixture, coating completely.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Carefully place chicken in oil and cook 20 to 22 minutes, or until coating is brown and chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Many fast food restaurants add MSG to their Southern fried chicken. Since many people are sensitive to MSG, our homemade version doesn't use it, and we think our fried chicken is every bit as crispy and fresh-tasting. For more crispy fried chicken recipes like this one, check out our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 10 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
It wouldn't be a complete Southern meal without a yummy side of coleslaw. So be sure to check out our collection of 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes! Or if you'd like another side, check out our collection of 22 Super Easy Mashed Potato Recipes.
If you're goin' for a true Southern feast, then don't forget the cornbread. We've got 13 Simple Cornbread Recipes to help you out. You could also check out our collection of 15 Easy Biscuit Recipes and Homemade Roll Recipes.
We used this Extra Crispy Fried Chicken recipe to honor the King of Rock 'n' Roll's 78th birthday. Click here for 5 more down-home Southern recipes fit for Elvis Presley himself!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!