Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing says Sunday dinner like the savory flavors of extra crispy fried chicken. This is the perfect recipe for a sit-down meal with the family, or to take on a picnic under the warm summer sky. Bring it to the next potluck and everyone will be lickin' their fingers to get that last bit of oh-so-good flavor. No one will believe just how easy our Extra Crispy Fried Chicken recipe is to make, and the great thing is, you don't have to tell them!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine milk and egg; mix well. Add chicken, coating completely. If the chicken breasts are huge, feel free to cut them in half. This way everything will cook evenly.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove chicken from milk mixture then place in flour mixture, coating completely.
- In a large deep skillet or soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking (about 350 degrees F). Make sure the oil does not fill the pot more than 1/3 full. We recommend using a kitchen thermometer so the oil stays at the proper temperature.
- Carefully place chicken in oil and cook 20 to 22 minutes, or until coating is brown and chicken is no longer pink inside, turning once halfway through cooking. (See Note) Drain on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Serve immediately.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Note: If the chicken is getting too golden and is not done inside, just finish it off in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Don't forget the sides! Try these our Corn on the Cob with Bacon and Herbed Butter to kick this meal up a notch!
- Our Secret Ingredient Iced Tea is the perfect drink to complete this dinner!
- If you're looking for even more delicious options, check out our Southern Fried Chicken Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,225
- Calories from Fat 838
- Total Fat 93g 143 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 68 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 73g 146 %
- Cholesterol 250mg 83 %
- Sodium 4,620mg 192 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 1.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!