Buttermilk Chicken Nuggets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why pay for packaged or fast-food chicken nuggets when you can enjoy restaurant-quality versions of the dish right at home? Buttermilk Chicken Nuggets are fast and easy.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, optional
- 1 egg
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and buttermilk; mix well.
- In a resealable plastic storage bag, combine bread crumbs, dressing mix, and ground red pepper, if desired; seal bag and shake to mix well.
- In a shallow dish, beat egg well. Drain chicken and add to egg, turning to coat. Place chicken in storage bag; seal bag and shake to coat chicken.
- Place breaded chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
These homemade Buttermilk Chicken Nuggets are great with our good-for-us Baked Sweet Potato Fries!
- Looking for more fun activities to do with your kids? Check out this project for a Finger Knitting Hula Hoop Rug from our friends over at AllFreeKidsCrafts.com!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 253
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 29g 58 %
- Cholesterol 109mg 36 %
- Sodium 785mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.