Eye Opener Lemon Coconut Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This isn't everyday fried chicken. It's an oven-fried version that has some real pizzazz.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3-1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup finely crushed wheat-cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs with a fork. In another shallow bowl, mix together coconut, cracker crumbs, lemon peel, salt, and ginger.
- Dip chicken, one piece at a time, in beaten eggs, then in cracker crumb mixture to coat. Arrange chicken in a single layer in baking dish.
- Bake about 1 hour, turning occasionally, until chicken is done and fork can be inserted into thickest part of chicken with ease.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!