Indian Curry in a Hurry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your taste buds on a spin around the world with our quick Indian Curry in a Hurry. It's packed with flavor and since it's ready in less than 30 minutes, it's perfect for a super quick weeknight dinner.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and saute until golden. Stir in garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, salt, sugar, and ginger; continue stirring one minute. Add yogurt, coconut milk, and tomato paste, stirring until well combined.
- Add the chicken, stir, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Stir in lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and peas; simmer 5 minutes, or until mixture is heated through.
- Make sure you serve this with basmati rice or naan (Indian flatbread) so you don't miss any of the flavor-packed sauce -- yummy!
- If you'd rather, you can substitute 1/4 teaspoon ground dried ginger for the fresh. And you can always add a bit more cayenne pepper if you like your curry with a bit more kick!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have yourself a morning Greek feast with our recipe for Spinach Feta Scramble. Fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh veggies, and feta cheese make for a super colorful and egg-ceptionally delicious way to start your day. You'll love this flavorful way to enjoy scrambled eggs!