Indian Curry in a Hurry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your taste buds on a spin around the world with our quick Indian Curry in a Hurry. It's packed with flavor and since it's ready in less than 30 minutes, it's perfect for a super quick weeknight dinner.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup plain yogurt
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and saute until golden. Stir in garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, salt, sugar, and ginger; continue stirring one minute. Add yogurt, coconut milk, and tomato paste, stirring until well combined.
- Add the chicken, stir, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Stir in lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and peas; simmer 5 minutes, or until mixture is heated through.
- Make sure you serve this with basmati rice or naan (Indian flatbread) so you don't miss any of the flavor-packed sauce -- yummy!
- If you'd rather, you can substitute 1/4 teaspoon ground dried ginger for the fresh. And you can always add a bit more cayenne pepper if you like your curry with a bit more kick!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.