Prize-Winning Lemon Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No contest here...chicken smothered in tart lemon sauce and dotted with capers gets first prize for its sunny flavor! Serve Prize-Winning Lemon Chicken for family or company dinners and you're sure to win raves every time.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter with the oil. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden. Remove to a platter, then add remaining butter to skillet.
- Add artichoke hearts, wine, lemon juice, and capers. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to skillet, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly.
Gotta have a way to sop up this delicious sauce, so we're suggesting our Lemon Garlic Rice as a go-along!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.