Make Ahead Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you know you're gonna need to plan ahead for a one-dish dinner, this is the one! Mix up Make-Ahead Chicken and have it waiting in the fridge to pop into the oven and bake up fresh and hearty.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces (2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 -ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (see Options)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs (for topping)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (for topping)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except topping ingredients; mix well. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and butter; mix well. Stir chicken mixture then sprinkle crumb topping evenly over top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden.
- If you don't care for the flavor of curry, try an equal amount of dried basil for an Italian treat, or dried dill for that "right from the garden" taste.
- Make your desserts ahead of time too with our collection of 40 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts!
- Check out more of our favorite easy chicken recipes in our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs and More.
- Looking for more make-ahead casseroles? Check out this collection!