Make Ahead Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you know you're gonna need to plan ahead for a one-dish dinner, this is the one! Mix up Make-Ahead Chicken and have it waiting in the fridge to pop into the oven and bake up fresh and hearty.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces (2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 -ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (see Options)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs (for topping)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (for topping)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except topping ingredients; mix well. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and butter; mix well. Stir chicken mixture then sprinkle crumb topping evenly over top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden.
- If you don't care for the flavor of curry, try an equal amount of dried basil for an Italian treat, or dried dill for that "right from the garden" taste.
- Make your desserts ahead of time too with our collection of 40 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts!
- Check out more of our favorite easy chicken recipes in our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs and More.
- Looking for more make-ahead casseroles? Check out this collection!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!