Rum Runner's Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't believe the rich taste of this roasted chicken! Rum Runner's Chicken is the perfect combination of tangy, sweet and spicy flavors.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium-sized onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) whole chicken
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Pour mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; pour chicken broth over onion mixture and place chicken over top.
- In a medium bowl, combine rum, vinegar, brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon, ground red pepper, and salt; mix well to make a glaze. Brush half the glaze over the chicken, and bake 30 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining glaze over chicken and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
Courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.