Sicilian One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think one-dish meals tend to be dull and bland, you haven't tasted our Sicilian One Pot, made with sausage, chicken and lots of other goodies! Talk about zip!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 of a large sweet onion, sliced into half-moons
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and continue cooking until no pink remains in chicken.
- Add mushrooms, roasted peppers, green pepper, diced tomatoes, and parsley; stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until mushrooms and peppers are tender and the mixture is heated through.
If you want to cut back on the spiciness of this dish, use a mild sausage. And we suggest serving it over toasted garlic bread.