Sicilian One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think one-dish meals tend to be dull and bland, you haven't tasted our Sicilian One Pot, made with sausage, chicken and lots of other goodies! Talk about zip!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 of a large sweet onion, sliced into half-moons
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and continue cooking until no pink remains in chicken.
- Add mushrooms, roasted peppers, green pepper, diced tomatoes, and parsley; stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until mushrooms and peppers are tender and the mixture is heated through.
If you want to cut back on the spiciness of this dish, use a mild sausage. And we suggest serving it over toasted garlic bread.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!