Sicilian One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think one-dish meals tend to be dull and bland, you haven't tasted our Sicilian One Pot, made with sausage, chicken and lots of other goodies! Talk about zip!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 of a large sweet onion, sliced into half-moons
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and continue cooking until no pink remains in chicken.
- Add mushrooms, roasted peppers, green pepper, diced tomatoes, and parsley; stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until mushrooms and peppers are tender and the mixture is heated through.
If you want to cut back on the spiciness of this dish, use a mild sausage. And we suggest serving it over toasted garlic bread.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!