We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a little crunch to your meal in an unexpected way with our recipe for Peanutty Rice. You'll be surprised to find out how appealing the combination of peanuts and rice really is!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts (see Options)
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and peanuts. Saute 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion and pepper are soft.
- Add chicken broth, water, sesame oil, salt, and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Add rice; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 to 10 minutes, until water is absorbed.
Try cashews, almonds, or pistachios (my favorites) in place of the peanuts...or mix and match 'em.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!