Tropical Barbecued Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For a real tropical adventure we finish this on the grill and garnish it with pineapple, papaya, and red pepper slices. That way it looks and tastes Caribbean.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 4- pound) chicken, quartered
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices in natural juice, drained and 3/4 cup juice reserved
- 2 cups mild barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- Pineapple for Garnish
- Papaya for Garnish
- Red pepper slices for Garnish
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Coat chicken pieces with oil. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a greased 9- x13-inch baking dish.
Bake chicken 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove chicken from oven. Arrange pineapple slices over chicken.
Combine 3/4 cup pineapple juice, barbecue sauce, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Pour sauce over chicken.
Cover chicken and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
Serve chicken over rice with its sauce and the garnishes.