We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A dash of cocoa makes this a flavorful chili to reckon with! Serve this chili as is or Cincinnati-style: over spaghetti, layered with kidney beans, chopped onions, shredded Cheddar cheese, and topped with oyster crackers.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, brown beef with onion over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in meat.
- Drain off any excess liquid then return saucepan to stove and add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Traditional Cincinnati chili includes cocoa powder, which is a mole (pronounced "moe-lay") flavoring popular in traditional Mexican cooking.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 370
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 6.9g 35 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 27g 54 %
- Cholesterol 77mg 26 %
- Sodium 986mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.9g 28 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!