Use Your Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
This homemade chili with beans is a smart make-ahead meal to have ready when you know you're going to have a busy day coming up. Use Your Bean Chili will taste even better the next day when the flavors marry.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Add some brown meat or sausage and it's a straight, fast chili. We sometimes use a little salt or garlic to give it a tang. If you have a favorite combination of beans, they'll work fine too.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can turn an ordinary, store-bought, pumpkin pie into a real showstopper! All you have to do is follow our recipe for Pumpkin Pie Trifle. By layering pumpkin pie with whipped topping and a special, sweet ingredient, we've created this magnificent dessert that's perfect for any last-minute holiday celebration.