Butter Mint Shortbread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for shortbread cookie recipes to please the masses? Try Butter Mint Shortbread for an indulgent treat everyone's sure to love.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add mint and vanilla extracts, beating until blended. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended. Press dough into ungreased 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into squares; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
When it comes to making shortbread, no butter substitutes allowed! Use the real thing to savor that indulgently buttery flavor.
- Want to find even more fantastic cookie recipes like this one? Check out our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!