Butter Mint Shortbread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for shortbread cookie recipes to please the masses? Try Butter Mint Shortbread for an indulgent treat everyone's sure to love.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
What to Do
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add mint and vanilla extracts, beating until blended. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended. Press dough into ungreased 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into squares; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
When it comes to making shortbread, no butter substitutes allowed! Use the real thing to savor that indulgently buttery flavor.
- Want to find even more fantastic cookie recipes like this one? Check out our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.