Chocolate Caramel Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!
What You'll Need
- 3 sticks (1-1/2 cups) butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 (11-ounce) package caramels
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Add flour, salt, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon water; mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut our 2-inch circles using a biscuit cutter or a small glass. Place cookies on baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden on bottom. Let cool on wire rack.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and remaining 1 tablespoon water. Microwave 30 to 60 seconds or until melted, stirring occasionally. Spread caramel evenly over cookies; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave 60 to 75 seconds or until melted, stirring occasionally. Spread chocolate evenly over caramel and set aside until chocolate hardens.
Try our classic but easy Cashew Turtles if you're a lover of caramel and chocolate combos like we are around here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 353
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 60 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 2.3g 5 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 157mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 28g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!