Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's more than one way to make a classic cookie. Especially if you're looking for some added crunchy-texture. Our Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe uses rice cereal for that extra bit of pop, without needing to add nuts to the mix. You won't be able to resist the combination of chocolaty goodness and fun texture. It's a perfect treat for any age!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate crispy rice cereal
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor or blender, pulse oats until fine.
- In a large bowl, combine oats with flour, baking soda, and salt. In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Stir in oats mixture; mix well. Stir chocolate chips and cereal into dough; mix well.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes, or until cookies are light brown. Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Change it up a bit and try our Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Back-to-School Cookies, or even our Candy Bar Pizookie! You won't regret it.
- Not in the mood for chocolate chip? Not a problem! Try our Cake Mix Snickerdoodles instead!
- When milk is added to crispy rice cereal, the walls tend to collapse, which is where the fun sound comes from!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Calories 182
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.4g 3 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 158mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our bakery-style Italian Cream Cake recipe may be a cake mix recipe, but it ends up with layer upon layer of a to-die-for from-scratch taste that'll make you feel like a star baker. You're gonna love how easy it is to make this Italian Cream Cake recipe!