Granny's Apple Pie Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 Cookie
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Apple pie cookies are a delicious fall treat, and we've made them even better in Granny's Apple Pie Cookies. What's our secret to improving a classic apple pie cookies recipe? Granny's special apple pie recipe, of course! Now, whenever you get a craving for Granny's baked goods, you can whip up this apple cookie recipe right in your own kitchen. (For even more ideas for apple recipes like Grandma used to make, check out our collection of 50+ Easy Apple Recipes: What to Make With Apples.)
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 1/4 cups apple pie filling, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- On a flat surface, lightly sprinkle flour, then slightly roll out crusts. Spread a thin layer of caramel on one crust. Spoon apple pie filling evenly over caramel.
- Cut 1/2-inch-wide strips from other crust. Arrange strips first in one direction across pie, then in opposite direction, creating a lattice pattern. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out circles and place on baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. In another small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Brush tops of cookies with egg wash, then sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes, or until golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 193
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.8g 2 %
- Cholesterol 22mg 7 %
- Sodium 227mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.