Chocolate Chunk Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 42 (about 3-4 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Nothing compares to our easy from-scratch recipe for homemade Chocolate Chunk Cookies. These to-die-for cookie jar favorites are chock-full of chocolate chunks and crunchy nuts.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, granulated and brown sugars. Beat until creamy then beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add in the flour mixture. Mix only until incorporated, being careful not to overmix. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts, if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Cool 2 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies.
Measuring shortening can be a sticky situation! Here are a few options for making it easier:
- Spray a dry measuring cup with cooking spray (this also works well when measuring peanut butter, honey and other sticky items).
- Line a dry measuring cup with plastic wrap and fill with the sticky item.
- Fill a 2-cup measuring cup with cold water to the 1-cup mark. If the recipe calls for 1/2 cup shortening, simply spoon shortening into water until water line raises to 1-1/2 cups; you'll have measured 1/2 cup shortening.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Calories 134
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.8g 2 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 80mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!