Grandma's Spice Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These old fashioned spice cookies are soft and chewy, just like you remember. And, as if chewy spice cookies aren't good enough on their own, you can make these spice cookies from cake mix, so they're easy! No need to bother loading up your cookie jars with Grandma's Spice Cookies, 'cause the aromas coming from your oven will have everyone lining up to enjoy them right away. In fact, this spice cookies recipe is so good, they'll be begging you to make it again right away!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, and eggs; mix well. Add corn flakes, oats, coconut, walnuts, and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten them with bottom of a glass that's frequently dipped in sugar.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until set. Cool 5 minutes then remove from baking sheets and let cool.
- To crush corn flakes, place them in a plastic bag, seal, and crush with a rolling pin.
- And, for an extra special treat, how about serving these cookies with our Easy Egg Cream?
- Did you know that Grandma's Spice Cookies freeze well? If you're looking for even more freezable desserts, don't miss our collection of Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 141
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 3.4g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 18mg 6 %
- Sodium 134mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 3 %
- Sugars 7.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mashed potatoes always offer stick-to-your-ribs comfort, and our Mashed Potato Casserole is a new twist on a family favorite side dish recipe. This potato casserole is extra-rich and creamy thanks to the addition of cream cheese. Your spuds will never be duds if you make 'em this way!