Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Truffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your favorite cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies get all dressed up and transformed into decadent truffles. Roll 'em in a variety of toppings for an oh-so-lovely presentation. Invite your friends over for coffee, and enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-ounce) sweet chocolate bar
- 20 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (about 2 cups crumbs)
- 1 cup toasted almonds, ground
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped orange rind
- toppings: powdered sugar, ground toasted almonds & unsweetened cocoa
What to Do
- Melt chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in cookie crumbs and next 4 ingredients. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls, washing hands as necessary. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
- Roll 1 dozen balls in powdered sugar, 1 dozen in ground toasted almonds, and 1 dozen in unsweetened cocoa. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.