Christmas After-Dinner Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Robin, from Chino Valley, Arizona shared her recipe for Christmas After-Dinner Cookies that her mom has been making since she was little. The mint adds a refreshing taste to this cookie that is a perfect way to end a meal.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (4.67-ounce) packages chocolate mint wafer candies (each one cut in half)
What To Do:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips and butter.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate mixture, brown sugar, and water; cool slightly. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned; remove from oven. Place half a mint on top of each warm cookie. Remove to wire rack and cool one minute. Gently spread melted mint over tops of cookies and cool completely.
For more great Christmas cookie recipes, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!