We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 cookies
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 16 Min
Do you still get a kick out of your breakfast cereal making those popping noises? When you bite into one of these Crispy Crunchies you'll get to experience all that crunch you love, along with a great chocolate taste!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (5-ounce) crisped-rice chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugars and butter until well blended. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and blend well at medium speed. With a spoon, stir in candy bar chunks and cereal, just until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until edges are browned. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.