Hanukkah Butter Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cut out these tasty butter cookies into dreidels, menorahs and other Hanukkah shapes, or simply enjoy them round (and year-round) as the butteriest butter cookies you'll ever eat.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour and beat 2 minutes, or until well blended. Form dough into 2 balls; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll 1 ball of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters or a knife, cut into Hanukkah or other desired shapes. Place shapes 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining ball of dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Enjoy these plain or sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles before baking. You can also frost and decorate the cookies once they've cooled. Do your own thing!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 110
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 3.4g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.7g 3 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 49mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.