Homemade Gingerbread Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cookie
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
If you love gingerbread, you're going to love our recipe for Homemade Gingerbread Cookies. These slice and bake cookies are going to be a blast to make with the kids this Christmas! They're chewy, delicious, and packed with that yummy gingerbread flavor. Just make sure you make a double batch; they're going to go fast when you serve them with ice cold milk!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons baking soda, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together butter, dark brown sugar, and grated ginger until fluffy. Beat in molasses. Gradually add flour, alternating with baking soda mixture.
- Shape dough into two logs (2-inches diameter each) and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Slice dough into 1/4-inch slices. Dip one side of each cookie in granulated sugar. Place cookies, sugar-side up on baking sheets, about 2-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies begin to crack.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to let cool completely. Serve or keep stored in an airtight container.
Garnish these with a a bit of powdered sugar and some fun candies for an extra-festive look!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.