Holiday Wreath Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cookie
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
At Christmastime, it's common to see doors decorated with wreaths. So, we thought we'd take the idea and bring it to our cookie platters! These Holiday Wreath Cookies start with a box of red velvet cake mix and are so festive and fun. You can even give yours a unique look with some extra decorations!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25 oz) package red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 (16-ounce) containers vanilla frosting, divided
- 20 drops green food color
- 1/3 cup red cinnamon candies
- Multi-color nonpareils for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies to wire racks and let cool completely.
- Frost flat side of cookies using 1 can vanilla frosting. In a small bowl, combine remaining can of frosting and food color; mix until thoroughly combined. Place frosting in piping bag with small star tip. Decorate cookies as shown in photo, leaving a circle in center of each cookie. Garnish cookies with candies and nonpareils.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.