Italian Lemon Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 72 6 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Try these light, tangy, and irresistible cookies, ideal on their own or iced. Add lemon juice and peel according to personal taste.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 4 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
What to Do
- In a large bowl, mix flour and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a mixer bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar with whisk attachment at high speed until light and fluffy, 5 minutes. Beat in sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Add yolk mixture, a third at a time, to flour mixture, stirring just until combined after each addition. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Work with 1/4 of the dough at a time, keeping remaining dough refrigerated. Roll pieces of dough on lightly floured surface into 6- x 1/2-inch ropes. Shape as desired; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Chilled dough is easier to handle and holds its shape better.
- Add lemon juice and peel according to personal taste. Remember to grate the peel before juicing the lemons.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Calories 51
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 21mg 1 %
- Total Carbohydrates 7.6g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 2.9g 0 %