We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Leprechaun Bites used to be at the end of the rainbow...but since they disappear so quickly, only the pot of gold is left!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food color
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except confectioners' sugar; blend well, mixing by hand until a soft dough forms. Cover and chill the dough 20 minutes, or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Form dough into small balls, then place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake 15 minutes, or until light golden. Cool, then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
If you want your cookies to be a deeper shade of green, add a few more drops of food color. And if you'd like them really minty, go ahead and add more mint extract, too.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!