The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 4 dozen
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Sure, you've probably tried regular or maybe even chocolate shortbread cookies, but have you ever tried Pistachio-Studded Shortbread? From the moment you take a bite and taste the combination of buttery shortbread, crunchy pistachios, and a creamy chocolate drizzle we know you'll be hooked.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Reserve 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio nuts. In a medium bowl, combine remaining pistachio nuts, flour, sugar, melted butter, and almond extract; mix well until a dough forms. Roll into a ball and return to bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 12- x 6- inch rectangle. Cut into 1/2- x 3- inch pieces and place on ungreased rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden. Remove to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle over shortbread and sprinkle with reserved chopped pistachio nuts.
- Chill 15 minutes, or until chocolate has set. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.
Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Jan 19, 2015
I'm not the best baker so when I tried these and they came out amazing, I told everyone about how good they are. If you love a shortbread cookie, then you'll love these. The pistachio and chocolate put them over the top. thisreciperocks
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Herb Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.