Ricotta Almond Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After finding this handwritten recipe from her mother, Rosemary, from Schenectady, New York gave it a shot and her family and friends have since enjoyed these cookies which she won first place for in our first annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Contest!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 stick butter-flavored shortening
- 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds for garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, ricotta cheese, shortening, and 1 teaspoon almond extract, until smooth. Alternately add flour mixture and chopped almonds to ricotta mixture, and beat until well blended. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, remaining almond extract, and water; mix well until smooth. Drizzle cooled cookies with frosting and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
For more great Christmas cookie recipes, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 129
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 16mg 5 %
- Sodium 87mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Beer-Brined Pork Chops are so moist, so tender, and so flavorful, you're going to want to pick up the bone and nibble on it, so you don't leave any of the goodness behind. Make these delicious pork chops on your outdoor grill in the summer or on a grill pan on a rainy day!