Ultimate Chocolate Chunks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Serving fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies is an open invitation that company truly welcomes! Try our Ultimate Chocolate Chunks for a true crowd pleaser!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in egg, then gradually add flour mixture, mixing well. With a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chunks and nuts, if desired; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!