Vanilla Sugar Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
These Vanilla Sugar Cookies have a light vanilla flavor that's really wonderful. Sprinkle a little sugar over them, set them out on a platter, and watch 'em go!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
What to Do
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth. Stir in flour and knead lightly until a soft dough forms. Divide dough in half, then wrap each half in wax paper to form a cylinder about 1-1/2" in diameter.
- Refrigerate dough until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices and arrange on baking sheets, sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from baking sheets and place on wire rack to cool.
Want to find even more fantastic cookie recipes like this one? Check out our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.