Spring Flower Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turn ordinary cupcakes into spring flowers with easy decorating tips to make Spring Flower Cupcakes, using mini candies like jelly beans, Jordan almonds, licorice and more. Perfect for showers, weddings, graduation or any party.
What You'll Need
- 24 homemade or prepared standard cupcakes or 48 mini cupcakes (or a combination)
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- Assorted food colors (green, yellow, red, purple, orange)
- Assorted jelly beans (suggested flavors include Orange Juice, Bubble Gum, French Vanilla, Island Punch, Sour Lemon, Cantaloupe, and Cotton Candy)
- Bunny Corn
- Fruit Sours
- Jordan Almonds
- Licorice Pastels
- Mint Cremes
What to Do
- Divide and tint vanilla frosting to desired colors with food colors. Cover frosting with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Choose desired cupcake and frosting color. Spread frosting on top of cupcake. Arrange jelly beans, side by side, along outside edge of cupcake. Continue with another color jelly beans. Insert a few licorice pastels in center.
- Have fun mixing and matching the cupcakes and candies to create eye-catching spring flower designs.
This recipe was developed especially for Jelly Belly® by our friends Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, authors of the best-selling books “Hello, Cupcake!” and "What's New, Cupcake?"
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).