Sweet 'n' Sour Coleslaw
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Every so often its nice to try a new variation of coleslaw. This one has the perfect contrast of sweet and tangy flavors so it just might become your new favorite to team with sandwiches or almost any main course!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 (16-ounce) packages coleslaw mix (see Options)
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add vinegar, sugar, flour, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Slowly whisk in the egg. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture thickens, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix and vinegar mixture; toss until well coated. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
This can also be made with fresh cabbage. Just shred a medium head of green cabbage and half a head of red cabbage. We also like to add some shredded carrot for color.
We have lots more easy recipes for coleslaw and other deli salads.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!