Secret Ingredient Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
For a change of pace from ordinary potato salad, give our recipe for Secret Ingredient Potato Salad a try. This red potato salad will make you a hit at your next potluck, picnic, or barbecue. You can even make a game out of having your friends guess what the secret ingredient is in this potato salad recipe!
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds red potatoes with skin, washed and cut into medium chunks
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup seasoned original flavor rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine onion, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Add warm potatoes to bowl and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, cilantro, and mayonnaise; mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you loved this red potato salad recipe, check out even more deli salad favorites in our free recipe collection: Fantastically Easy Potato Salads: 9 Recipes for Potato Salad.
- Plus, see some of our favorite deli salad and potato salad recipes in our free eCookbook, Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes for Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad & More.
Here's another red potato salad recipe with tomatoes and lemon, yum!
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Mizkan Americas
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 254
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 1.6g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.0g 12 %
- Cholesterol 49mg 16 %
- Sodium 400mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 3.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our bakery-style Italian Cream Cake recipe may be a cake mix recipe, but it ends up with layer upon layer of a to-die-for from-scratch taste that'll make you feel like a star baker. You're gonna love how easy it is to make this Italian Cream Cake recipe!