We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We came up with this coleslaw recipe when we were out of potatoes, but wanted something with the traditional taste of a German potato salad. Our "German" Coleslaw is a great new take on a classic. It's a coleslaw recipe that's sure to be a hit at your next potluck!
What You'll Need
- 8 cups shredded or chopped cabbage (1 medium-sized head)
- 2 cups grated or chopped carrots (about 4 carrots)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup corn or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
What to Do
- Place the cabbage, carrots, onion, and bacon bits in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over the cabbage mixture and mix well. Serve chilled
Once you've given this tasty coleslaw recipe a try, check out some other delicious ways to eat coleslaw in our collection of 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 208
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.0g 6 %
- Cholesterol 2.5mg 1 %
- Sodium 562mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 13 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.