We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We came up with this coleslaw recipe when we were out of potatoes, but wanted something with the traditional taste of a German potato salad. Our "German" Coleslaw is a great new take on a classic. It's a coleslaw recipe that's sure to be a hit at your next potluck!
What You'll Need:
- 8 cups shredded or chopped cabbage (1 medium-sized head)
- 2 cups grated or chopped carrots (about 4 carrots)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup corn or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
What To Do:
- Place the cabbage, carrots, onion, and bacon bits in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over the cabbage mixture and mix well. Serve chilled
Once you've given this tasty coleslaw recipe a try, check out some other delicious ways to eat coleslaw in our collection of 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 208
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.0g 6 %
- Cholesterol 2.5mg 1 %
- Sodium 562mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 13 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!