We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is becoming a fast-food fave, so why not make it at home and get out of the fast-food line! Our Breakfast Burritos are some of the tastiest around, and you can't beat the price of homemade.
What You'll Need
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized green or red bell peppers (or 1 of each), chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Tightly wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven for about 15 minutes to warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute onion and bell peppers for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender. Stir in sausage and saute for 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour into skillet over sausage and vegetables, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until eggs are scrambled and just set. Add cheese and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Remove tortillas from oven. Place 1/2 cup egg mixture down the center of each tortilla, roll up and place seam-side down on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Prepare these ahead of time, place the finished burritos in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!