We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is becoming a fast-food fave, so why not make it at home and get out of the fast-food line! Our Breakfast Burritos are some of the tastiest around, and you can't beat the price of homemade.
What You'll Need
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized green or red bell peppers (or 1 of each), chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Tightly wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven for about 15 minutes to warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute onion and bell peppers for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender. Stir in sausage and saute for 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour into skillet over sausage and vegetables, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until eggs are scrambled and just set. Add cheese and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Remove tortillas from oven. Place 1/2 cup egg mixture down the center of each tortilla, roll up and place seam-side down on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Prepare these ahead of time, place the finished burritos in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?