Bacon 'n' Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This doubly good breakfast sandwich combines a load of favorites all in one! Imagine starting your day off with a hearty and melty Bacon and Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese!
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons butter at room temperature, divided
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 2 slices slices Colby-Jack cheese
- 4 slices full-cooked bacon
What to Do
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon butter until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large, soft curds. Continue cooking -- pulling, lifting, and folding eggs -- until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do NOT stir constantly. Remove from skillet.
- Spread remaining butter evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 2 slices in skillet, buttered side down. Top evenly with scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon. Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Grill sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!