Italian Breakfast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether it's an easy breakfast idea or a novel brunch recipe, our Italian Breakfast Bake is chock-full of good-for-you ingredients that are as eye-catching to look at as they are tasty to eat.
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely shredded yellow summer squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 very thin tomato slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (see Option)
What to Do
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs and flour until smooth. Add yellow squash, zucchini, 1/4 cup olives, and garlic salt; mix well. Spread mixture in pan.
Bake in center of oven just until set, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese and basil; sprinkle over custard. Top evenly with tomato slices, remaining olives, onion slices, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Let sit 3 to 5 minutes; serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board
If you'd like a lighter version of this breakfast bake, use reduced-fat cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We took a few shortcuts to make this recipe for Satisfying Shepherd's Pie, because we know that sometimes the cravings for shepherd's pie come on suddenly and you have to have it fast! Boy do we love this hearty meat, potato, and veggie casserole.