Italian Breakfast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether it's an easy breakfast idea or a novel brunch recipe, our Italian Breakfast Bake is chock-full of good-for-you ingredients that are as eye-catching to look at as they are tasty to eat.
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely shredded yellow summer squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 very thin tomato slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (see Option)
What to Do
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs and flour until smooth. Add yellow squash, zucchini, 1/4 cup olives, and garlic salt; mix well. Spread mixture in pan.
Bake in center of oven just until set, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese and basil; sprinkle over custard. Top evenly with tomato slices, remaining olives, onion slices, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Let sit 3 to 5 minutes; serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board
If you'd like a lighter version of this breakfast bake, use reduced-fat cheese.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!