Italian Breakfast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether it's an easy breakfast idea or a novel brunch recipe, our Italian Breakfast Bake is chock-full of good-for-you ingredients that are as eye-catching to look at as they are tasty to eat.
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely shredded yellow summer squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 very thin tomato slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (see Option)
What to Do
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs and flour until smooth. Add yellow squash, zucchini, 1/4 cup olives, and garlic salt; mix well. Spread mixture in pan.
Bake in center of oven just until set, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese and basil; sprinkle over custard. Top evenly with tomato slices, remaining olives, onion slices, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Let sit 3 to 5 minutes; serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board
If you'd like a lighter version of this breakfast bake, use reduced-fat cheese.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.