Oven "Fried" Fish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Theres no deep-fryer needed to make these fish fillets that are crispy on the outside, moist and flaky on the inside. You see, the special coating and the oven-baking make this a healthy option without sacrificing taste.
What You'll Need
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen white-fleshed fish fillets such as cod, haddock, or whiting, thawed if frozen
- Nonstick cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine the egg whites, lemon juice, dillweed, salt, and pepper. Place the cornflake crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip the fish in the egg mixture then the crumbs, coating evenly; place on a baking sheet. Lightly spray the fish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.