We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love trying out recipes from different cultures, and we couldn't ask for an easier way to go about it with this 5-ingredient Japanese recipe for Sesame Tuna. It only takes about 15 minutes to get dinner from the fridge to the dinner table, which makes this a fun alternative to your go-to backup meal. Invite over a few friends and make it a real feast! Trying new foods is always an enjoyable activity.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) -inch-thick ahi tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine soy sauce, wasabi paste, and cracked black pepper; mix well. Add tuna and turn until thoroughly coated on both sides; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Coat a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and preheat over high heat.
- Place sesame seeds in another shallow dish, add tuna and turn to coat completely.
- Grill tuna 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until browned outside and cooked to desired doneness. Be careful not to overcook it! Slice thinly and serve.
Did you know that wasabi is Japanese horseradish? It's usually grated and served in paste form as a condiment for sushi and sashimi. Since Japanese food, particularly sushi, has become a popular food option all across the U.S., we can now find wasabi paste in most supermarkets.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.