We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tortoni is a traditional Italian dessert that combines vanilla ice cream with crushed almonds or coconut. The shortcut for our Coconut Tortoni is the secret ingredient: crumbled coconut macaroons. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 12 maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup crumbled coconut macaroons (see Note)
What to Do
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream and cherries; mix well and scoop into the baking cups. Place in the freezer until firm.
- In a medium bowl, combine the whipped topping and syrup; mix well and spoon over the ice cream mixture. Top each with crumbled macaroons. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
No macaroons on hand? No problem, just substitute 1/2 cup toasted coconut.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.