We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In our test kitchen, we rate all of our recipes for taste, consistency, and looks on a scale from 1-5, with 5 being super. Well, this colorful dessert rated 5+ for taste, 5+ for consistency, and 10 for looks!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 drops green food color
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 2 drops red food color
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly beat in the sweetened condensed milk until well combined. Divide the mixture equally into three bowls.
- Add the chocolate chips, almonds, and green food color to the first bowl; mix well and spoon evenly into an 8-inch square baking dish that has been lined with aluminum foil.
- Add the cherries and red food color to the second bowl; mix well and spoon evenly over the green layer.
- Add the raisins and rum extract to the third bowl; mix well and spoon evenly over the red layer.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares and serve.
This can also be made in a gelatin mold and cut into wedges, or as individual spumoni in a muffin tin lined with paper baking cups.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 444
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 88 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.1g 10 %
- Cholesterol 87mg 29 %
- Sodium 77mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 40g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.