Decadent Banana Split Slices
This awesome homemade ice cream novelty is always ready to serve, lickity split. Packing all the tastes of a banana split in an easy-to-slice loaf, Decadent Banana Split Slices are perfectly portioned to keep on hand to reach for one by one!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 quart chocolate or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cherries
- 3 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- Hot fudge to garnish
- Whipped cream to garnish
What to Do
Line a 5- x 9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
In a large bowl, combine ice cream, walnuts, cherries, and bananas; mix well. Spoon into prepared pan, pressing down to mold to pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Invert ice cream onto cutting board and remove plastic wrap. Cut into 9 slices and wrap individually. Keep frozen until ready to serve, then unwrap and top with hot fudge and whipped cream.
- Feel free to make a lighter version by using frozen yogurt or a lighter ice cream. Same goes for the toppings!
- Most of us just love our ice cream, so here's another great way to serve it that your group is sure to go bananas for -- Banana Split Bombe!
If you loved this simple banana recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes: 36 Recipes with Bananas.
Read NextFrozen Mud Pie