Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Tips to Cool Down Hot Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's a burning question: What's the best way to handle hot peppers? We've got some cooling helpful hints!
When handling any fresh chili peppers, the oils, seeds, and juices in the flesh of the pepper can burn fingers just as they can burn our tongues, and if we touch our eyes, they'll burn too! Usually, the smaller the pepper, the hotter it can be!
You may have heard that buttering or oiling your hands will protect you from a pepper burn, but your hands will get slippery when working with a knife, so the best choice is using gloves.
Now, if we do take a bite out of a hot pepper and find our mouths burning, drinking water won't ease it; water can't break down the hot oils, so try these tricks:
- Chew on a piece of cheese. The oils in cheese can dilute the oils in chili peppers.
- Mix a bit of fresh lemon or lime juice with a bit of sugar. The juice in both fruits acts as a grease-cutter and can cool the burn!
Serving jalapenos as mini edible bowls stuffed with cheese or maybe some chopped cooked chicken or beef, then heating them up (and there are griddles made just for this!) makes a super appetizer with an exciting little kick! So enjoy their tongue-tingling appeal, carefully. Then they'll always be...“OOH IT’S SO GOOD!!”
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Table Setting 101
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- How to Make a Gingerbread House
- How to Doctor Up Store-Bought Stuffing
- Make Ahead Casserole Tips
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- How to Build the Perfect Cheese Board
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn