We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No matter what season it is, this easy dessert tastes like you made it with fresh-from-the-patch blueberries.
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups blueberries, thawed and drained, if frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- 1/2 box plain yellow cake mix (see Note)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking or baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine blueberries and lemon juice; toss gently.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon peel. Add blueberries; mix gently then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over top then drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm or cold, as is, or topped with ice cream.
A full box of cake mix is 18.25 ounces. Use half now and save the other half for next time, which should be very soon!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!