We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When blueberries are in season, we're all looking for extra ways to enjoy them. So when the blueberries are plentiful and the price is a bargain, pick up an extra pint and make some of the best Blueberry Tarts you'll ever taste.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, plus extra for garnish, if desired
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (6 shells) graham cracker tart shells (see Note)
- Whipped cream or whipped topping for garnish (optional)
What to Do
- In a blender, puree 1-1/2 cups blueberries and the orange juice. In a small saucepan, combine pureed blueberry mixture, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened; remove blueberry sauce from heat and let cool.
- Place about 1/4 cup fresh blueberries in each tart shell. Completely cover fresh berries with thickened, cooled sauce.
- Serve plain or top tarts with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or whipped topping and some fresh berries.
If you want, you can use shortcake shells instead of graham cracker shells.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.